Since COVID-19 hit the United States, associates at Solstice Senior Living have stepped up to the occasion. With the elderly being listed as one of the main groups vulnerable to COVID-19, the safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority.
Our communities around the country have received donations and support from numerous organizations. Check out a few examples below:
- In Groton, Conn., the city employees sent a video to associates and residents at Solstice Senior Living at Groton to wish them well!
- Many individuals and organizations have donated homemade masks to the communities.
- For our communities in Texas, grocery store chain H-E-B offered personal grocery store shoppers for seniors.
- Samantha Pabon, the mayor of Normandy Park, Wash., sent a video to the Solstice Senior Living at Normandy Park employees to thank them for all their hard work.
- Many local musicians have played outdoor concerts near the communities for residents to open their windows and enjoy.
Please join us in saying thank you to the amazing Solstice associates who work tirelessly to create a vibrant and safe community every single day!
Thank You, Solstice at Renton!
Through the uncertainty of the coronavirus, Solstice at Renton associates have made it their mission to keep residents safe and happy. The residents have certainly taken note of the team’s hard work. Here are a few shout-outs to our associates:
- “Thank you to Jeff, our Vibrant Life Director, for your hard work and creativity. It keeps me from getting bored. Having something to do while waiting for our activities to return helps me get through the day.”
- “Thank you to Pam, our Executive Director, for keeping us safe. I’m sure you’re under a lot of pressure with all the major changes by COVID-19, but you kept me informed with the latest updates and your positive attitude and your leadership has help me not to panic.”
- “Thank you to JT and kitchen staff for all of the hard work! I’m sure it can’t be easy having to box up and deliver meals to every apartment AND do it on time. All of you are great!”
- “Thank you to Stephanie and Jolene. By delivering mail/packages every day, it gives me a feeling of some normalcy. It’s the smile behind the masks and kind words of concern that’s truly appreciated.”
We are so grateful to have the best employees working at Solstice Senior Living. Thank you for all you do!
Although residents were social distancing this Easter, Solstice employees planned many fun festivities to keep our residents in the holiday spirit. Check out a few ways that our associates and community members have been able to make our residents’ day!
- Homemade Mask Donations – Many organizations and families across the country have sewn and donated homemade masks for community members. Thank you for your donations!
- Food Donations – Facebook groups and community members have coordinated to bring Solstice associates donated meals as they work tirelessly to keep our residents happy.
- Flower Fun – In celebration of spring, many local businesses and organizations have donated potted flowers and succulents for residents to plant and keep in their rooms.
- Party Carts – Many Solstice communities handed out Easter goodies with a festive cart. Associates at communities have also supplied a happy hour cart, an Italian ice cart, a popcorn cart and many other festive carts to keep residents engaged.
- Associate Shout-outs – Residents are so grateful for all of the hard work that associates put in to make sure they are happy and safe. Many residents and their families have written cards and thank-you notes and sent goodie bags to the Solstice team.
- Meal Delivery – Aside from snack carts, associates continue to deliver three meals a day to each resident. For Easter weekend, many communities decorated the meal boxes to make the residents smile!
- Unique Activities – To keep residents connected during this time, associates have found creative ways for residents to participate in activities including social distancing egg hunts for Easter and designing a potted plant/succulent pot.
Spring has Sprung at Solstice!
Spring has sprung at Solstice! Our associates continue to plan many fun festivities to keep our residents happy and connected. Check out a few ways that our associates and community members have been able to make our residents’ day!
- Food Donations – Restaurants and community members have coordinated to bring Solstice associates donated meals as they work tirelessly to keep our residents happy.
- Door Decorations – In celebration of Spring, associates decorated doors to apartments.
- Party Carts – Many Solstice communities handed out goodies with festive carts to celebrate birthdays.
- Associate Shout-outs – Residents are so grateful for all of the hard work from associates to make sure they are happy and safe. We love reading the handwritten notes from residents and families!
Birthdays, Letters and Treats – Oh, My!
Although we are still social distancing in Solstice communities, our associates continue to plan many fun festivities to keep our residents happy and connected. See a few ways that our associates and community have made our residents’ week!
- Gift Donations – Restaurants and community organizations have coordinated to bring Solstice associates and residents gifts to show support.
- Delicious Treats – Our Solstice kitchen team has been continuing to cook three homemade meals every day for residents. Many communities have created family recipes, such as chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cupcakes and meatloaf.
- Party Carts – Many Solstice communities handed out goodies with festive carts to celebrate birthdays, happy hours and games.
- Social Distancing Visits – Family members and friends have visited residents from windows or balconies, as well as driving past communities in car parades.
- Letters and Poems to Associates – Residents are thankful for associates that make sure they are happy and safe every day. We love reading the handwritten notes from residents and families!
Celebrating our loved ones
Last week, we celebrated mothers, Cinco de Mayo, and our wonderful residents and associates at Solstice. Check out a few ways that communities continue to inspire our residents and associates to live vibrantly!
- Mother’s Day – Residents celebrated Mother’s Day with specialty carts, activities, car parades and photo booths.
- Celebrating Good Times – Birthdays and holidays! We celebrated residents’ birthdays and Cinco de Mayo together last week.
- Sewing Masks – Residents and associates used their sewing skills to make masks for their community.
- Letters of Appreciation – Associates continue to receive and enjoy letters of appreciation from residents and their families.
Fun in the Sun!
As the weather warms up, residents have been getting outside to enjoy the sun and spending time with loved ones. See a few ways the Solstice communities have kept residents connected to the community, friends and family!
- Mother’s Day Celebration – Mother’s Day was May 10, but that didn’t stop residents and associates from celebrating all mothers throughout the week with special meals and flowers.
- Fresh Air – As the weather has started to get warmer, residents have enjoyed spending time together outside.
- Acts of Love – Residents have loved receiving notes of encouragement and seeing friends and family in car parades.
- Thank You Signs – Our associates have been encouraged by yard signs and notes of appreciation from the community.
Our Solstice family had a wonderful time coming together last weekend to commemorate Memorial Day. We are thankful every day for the men and women who serve our country so that we may live in freedom. We’re honored to have many veterans living in our communities, and we thank you for your service.
Here are some of the ways we spent the day at Solstice:
- Music Service: Greater Buffalo Bagpipe and Drums hosted a beautiful service and performance.
- Patriotic Day: Residents and associates decorated the community and dressed up in their most festive red, white and blue attire, even our furry residents!
- Door-Decorating Contest: Residents had a door-decorating contest with three categories: Most Patriotic, Most Elaborate and Most Sentimental.
- Car Parade: We loved seeing family and community members come out for a car parade, special menu items and a poem reading.
See some of our residents’ patriotic festivities below!