August is Family Fun Month, which makes it the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with your family and loved ones. Here are some fun activities you can do with your family to celebrate and make lasting memories, virtually or in-person.
- Get Moving: With warm weather and extended daylight, late summer is a great time to gather your friends and family for a walk in the early to mid-morning or around dinnertime. If your loved ones are far away, schedule a walking trip together so you can exercise while connecting over the phone!
- Take a short trip: Coordinate with your loved ones to discover places to visit within your city or town, or in the near vicinity. Take some time to be a tourist where you live and visit zoos, sculpture parks, museum grounds, ponds or lakes, marinas, beaches, community gardens or nurseries, hiking trails, shopping villages, or downtown areas you’ve always wanted to visit together.
- Teach your grandkids how to plant a garden: This is a great way to get some fresh air and spend some time with grandkids for an introduction to gardening. You can work on potting flowers or cultivating a family herb garden.
- Have a picnic or tea party: A simple backyard picnic or tea party can be a fun way to spend time with your family outside, or you can host indoors if the weather isn’t cooperating. To make it even more special, you can cook the food together, or even have a theme and dress up!
- Create a scrapbook: Work on your arts and crafts skills while also sharing pictures with your loved ones and creating a fun memory book together that can be enjoyed for years to come.
Our Vibrant LifeⓇ directors at each Solstice Senior Living community are always working to plan events to keep residents and their families energized and engaged. To learn more about the Vibrant LifeⓇ offerings at our Solstice Senior Living communities, visit https://solsticeseniorliving.com/programs/#vibrant-life.